Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Jack is looking tasty

You know I am hungry when: My beloved dog, Jack, is starting to look tasty. Grilled with a bit of barbecue sauce.

Poor Jack. But seriously, I am HUNGRY. Have you ever noticed how every other commercial on TV is about food? And how most TV shows revolve around food?

I have been dreaming of food, thinking non stop about food, regretting certain foods that I forgot to eat and say 'good bye' to, and generally obsessed with food.

The most pathetic part is when I console myself, reminding myself that in a YEAR or so I can indulge in HALF a turkey sandwich. That's just pitiful.

I know it wont be like this after the surgery- I wont feel hunger the same and seeing and feeling the results are going to make it all so worthwhile. But this initial pre-surg push? Painful.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Chris -- it will be so worth it! Must be especially hard, though, following the liquid diet while everyone else is gorging on goodies. But when we're all pulling on our fat pants, you'll be triumphantly heading in the other direction, and that will be the sweetest revenge. (Paul wants to know whether beer counts as a clear liquid, because he thinks he could do that.)

    ReplyDelete